The following are the Top 50 Most Requested Cake Cutting Songs for 2011 as compiled by DJ Intelligence. Cake Cutting is a fun and honored tradition at most Western Weddings.
The groom’s cake is a tradition observed mainly in the southern United States. In the Colonial and Victorian eras, the white-iced bride’s cake was considered “too light” for male tastes, and a second cake choice—usually a dark, liquor-soaked fruitcake—was also offered. Today, chocolate is popular, although the groom’s cake may be in any flavor and is usually shaped or decorated as something significant to the groom, such as a favorite hobby or sport.
If a full meal is served, the wedding cake is usually served after the meal. Otherwise, the cake may be served as soon as the family has received all of the guests.
Commonly, the couple ceremonially cut the first piece of the cake, and in a nod to an ancient Roman wedding rite, may feed a bite to one another and perhaps sip a glass of wine or other drink with linked arms. Then the cake is served to the guests. Like being asked to pour tea at a formal tea party, being asked to serve the cake is generally considered an honor
Top 50 Wedding Cake Cutting Songs
- Archies – Sugar, Sugar
- James Taylor – How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- Def Leppard – Pour Some Sugar On Me
- U2 – Sweetest Thing
- Jason Mraz – I’m Yours
- Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat – Lucky
- Jack Johnson – Better Together
- Four Tops – I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)
- Beatles – When I’m Sixty-Four
- Nat King Cole – L-O-V-E
- Plain White T’s – 1,2,3,4 (I Love You)
- Average White Band – Cut The Cake
- Queen – You’re My Best Friend
- Pat Benatar – Hit Me With Your Best Shot
- Frank Sinatra – Love And Marriage
- Cake – Love You Madly
- Unkle Kracker – Smile
- Natalie Cole – This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)
- Beatles – All You Need Is Love
- Dean Martin – That’s Amore
- Iz – Over The Rainbow
- Michael Buble – How Sweet It Is
- Michael Buble – Everything
- Ingrid Michaelson – The Way I Am
- Turtles – Happy Together
- Sarah McLaughlin – Ice Cream
- Sonny & Cher – I Got You Babe
- Etta James – At Last
- Christina Aguilera – Candyman
- Big & Rich – Lost In This Moment
- Foundations – Build Me Up Buttercup
- Counting Crows – Accidentally In Love
- Ray Lamontagne – You Are The Best Thing
- Elvis Presley – Can’t Help Falling In Love
- Louis Armstrong – (What A) Wonderful World
- Harry Connick, Jr. – Recipe For Love
- Lonestar – Amazed
- Bob Marley – Is This Love?
- Michael Franti & Spearhead – Say Hey (I Love You)
- Tim McGraw – My Best Friend
- Taylor Swift – Today Was A Fairytale
- K-Ci & Jojo – All My Life
- Taylor Swift – Love Story
- U2 – Beautiful Day
- Kelly Clarkson – A Moment Like This
- Harry Connick, Jr. – It Had To Be You
- Adam Sandler – Grow Old With You
- Aerosmith – I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing
- Dave Matthews Band – You And Me
- Dixie Cups – Chapel Of Love
I noticed that The Beatles “In My Life” is not on the list for 2011 Cake Cutting Songs, but I am pretty sure it was for 2012. It is a beautiful song and becoming very popular again as a Cake Cutting Song. It is always interesting to me as a professional Wedding DJ when old songs get a second life, years later for what seems out of the blue.
Here are other blog posts that may be helpful to you Top 50 DJ Wedding Last Dance Songs, Popular Garter Toss Songs, Wedding DJ Father-Daughter Dance Songs, DJ Wedding Mother-Son Dance Songs, Popular Bridal Party Introduction Songs for Wedding DJs and Popular Bouquet Toss Songs.
What is your favorite Wedding Cake Cutting Song?
Ask about my Rhode Island Wedding DJ & Rhode Island Party DJ Guarantee!